10.06.2006

I love it when....


Someone tries to buck the "social norm" by using abstract wording to either make themselves sound smarter or feel more intellectual. I found two words used in an odd way today, one negative one positive. Success and Greatness. I would like to hear what people have to say about how those two words work together.
Success is way to easy to define as what others think of you or what you own, drive, or how much money you make. There can be more to it and is far more attainable in a personal situation than greatness. What are you going to do with greatness. In order to achieve greatness, which is another external adjective, that denotes power, nobility, and rank, you have to compare yourself to something and normally someone.
My guess is success on a personal level is easier to reach than greatness because with greatness you are never satisfied either looking to the past when you were better or to the future of when you think you will be better.
Maybe Im just talking out my ass. Its ok, you can tell me.

6 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you used alot of big words yourself, but I digress..... Success is when you obtain a goal... greatness is when you surpass it. G

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Double C said...

Success = something achieved
Greatness = earned with repetition

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger craigerific said...

I am just saying that greatness is defined by comparison. you could compare it to one of your own accomplishments and be great in you own eyes, but I think that defies the definition.

 
At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are dumb

 
At 5:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are talking out of your ass, it's ok, I can tell you.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would appreciate it if you would not use my blog indiscreetly as a site topic for yours-get your own material.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home