8.13.2006

the reserve

Ah, I love the taste of a bottle of wine that you have tasted once before. Because it will inevitably taste a bit different two years later. Tonight was pork loin that I brined for an extended period of time with a bit of special dust knownst only to one other(and his lovely girlfriend who rolls her eyes at it). The pork turned out fantastic. I cooked it JUST done. Still a bit on the pinkish side but hell, whens the last time you heard of someone getting trichinosis? The Townshend reserve '00 was good on its own and it seemed to butt heads with the hog but in the end, its seemed to me to mend well with the subtle tenderness of the meat and the sour cream & smoked paprika dressing I had on Brent Olsen's potatoes. I really fell through with no greens of any kind, in fact I am a bit embarrassed by that. By I know I made a mistake and I hope everyone will forgive me. I don't even know if I can forgive me for crying out loud!

Today was the extension of my birthday weekend. For those that don't know, I tend to spend it close to myself and if my friends remember, great. If not, that is fine too. Geoffrey, who was incredibly hung over, came over today around 1pm and we went down to the market to do some people watching and to buy some items. We got a fantastic parking spot. So good I almost didn't want to leave. We got racked over the coals for some crappy lemonade and I think we even managed to get a little sunburned.

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger CROW said...

Hey, I wasn't hungover. More like a mind muddle. At any rate, I lost my keys, (house, car and mailbox) somewhere in the City of Seattle. So, Craigerific, you can only look forward to a failing mind as you age ... wait, you're older than I am.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home