6.16.2006

Another day, another shift

So today I recovered from thursday night at seward park. Some actually go out and race that but my goal last night was to say hi to some friends and to not get lapped more than twice. Only took one free lap, so mission accomplished. Got to ride home and talk about borrowing money for the rest of my life. I was going to finish on tour de france but I cheated and went up 40th. It was still hard. Not as bad as wednesday when I was coming home on the backside of juanita feeling good about myself and the tempo I was riding when this dude came by in gym shorts, pedal baskets, and a camel back. Holy crap! Sometimes its good to get humbled. Stuff that, it was a bit humiliating. I worked all day in Chris Conville's kitchen making a couple variations of risottos, and stuffing beef tenderloins. We talked too. I ate a buritto way too fast but the white sauce was good. I did, however, get to eat some fantastic Copper River King salmon tonight for dinner. I Seared some sweet potato cubes, dressed some rice noodles, thai basil, and some shredded veg with a light zinger of a vin, and used that to top the salmon. We'll see how that treats me on the flying wheels 140 tomorrow. I am riding it with Geoffrey Crofoot and it should prove to be a good one. I dont think he has ridden since the last centurion we did. I just hope the rain holds out.
I will eat some ice cream tonight to help me sleep and get up tomorrow early to see some of the soccer match then roll out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home